Scholarships are available to offset registration costs for youth, student, and adult participants. (Youth and students are defined as under 25 years of age.) Full scholarships cover the total registration costs of the main conference (Friday and Saturday), while partial scholarships cover 50% of the fee.
Travel scholarships are also available for youth and students. Youth and student registration and travel scholarships are available to attend one or both days of the main conference.
In selecting scholarship recipients, we prioritize the following:
- Financial Need
- Underrepresented groups in sustainable food systems work (including but not limited to people of color, veterans, those living with a disability, LGBTQ individuals, new Americans, and refugees.)
- Attendees from Baltimore and the Chesapeake Region
- Community leaders and emerging leaders
- Food system sector diversity
Applications due: October 2, 2017
Notification of Scholarship Awards: October 13, 2017
Conference Registration must be completed by: October 25, 2017
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
- Please wait until you find out whether you received a scholarship before you register for the conference.
- If you do not receive a scholarship, you will still be able to register at the early-bird rate.
- NESAWG provides financial support to as many attendees as we can, but scholarship funds are limited and dependent on funds raised.
- Applications will be reviewed by the NESAWG Conference Scholarship Committee. All application information is confidential.
- Awarded funds for scholarships will not cover lodging, travel or related expenses unless explicitly stated.
- This scholarship award is nontransferable. If you are unable to attend for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible so we can provide this scholarship to another person.
- For partial scholarships, a small processing fee charged by the registration site will be added to the registration cost upon checkout.
- For youth organizations filling out a group application, our ability to award you the entire amount of your request will depend on the size of your group, the number of requests received, and the amount of funds raised.
If you have any questions regarding scholarships, please contact Brandy Brooks at email@example.com.