Maine Network of Community Food Councils Summit
Panel: Knitting Community, Maine & New England Food Systems Together 9:20
- Amanda Beal, Maine Farmland Trust, will speak about Food Solutions New England organizing
- Sandy Gilbreath, Maine Food Strategy
- Hannah Semler, Maine Gleaning Nework
- Community Food Charter, Good Food Councils Lewiston Auburn
Networking Break: 10:15
Morning Workshops: 10:35
- Knitting our Food System Networks together: This session will allow time to dig more deeply into the question of how we can build a more powerful Maine food movement as a follow up to the plenary session just before the break.
- Fundraising: Learn how to access $ and support for your Council
- Community Food Charters: Learn how Lewiston Auburn created their Food Charter to express food system values, and how they are using this as an organizing and engagement strategy. Discussion of how your Council can launch a process to create a Community Food Charter
Local Foods Lunch: 12:05
Includes Networking time
Council Coordinator Break Out
Demos of Maine Food Atlas
Afternoon Workshops: 1:30
- Food System Metrics: Learn how Merrymeeting Food Council has launched a Metrics Project based on their goal setting exercises, and how local metrics can be linked to metrics work of State and Regional projects. Discussion of how Network might created Key Indicators for all Maine Councils.
- Food Waste: Learn about the rapid proliferation of food waste concern, with key focus on Maine Gleaning Network, and how Councils can work to tie food waste to other sectors in our food system.
- Food Access Issues for Seniors: Presentation by Olivia Dooley about new Good Shepherd Food Bank Research, and discussion of what Councils are doing to address food needs of growing senior populations.
Wrap - Up: How can Network Grow in 2017 3:00
Head for Home 3:30