Year of Publication:
To assist farms and companies that are interested in pursuing a meaningful welfare certification, the ASPCA, in partnership with Vermont Law School’s Center for Agriculture and Food Systems, has created the Farm Animal Welfare Certification Guide. This tool will help farmers understand the value of certification programs and determine which certification might be right for their farm.
The Farm Animal Welfare Certification Guide covers three meaningful certification programs that represent a spectrum of higher-welfare ways to raise farm animals: Animal Welfare Approved, Certified Humane® and Global Animal Partnership.
The Farm Animal Welfare Certification Guide contains:
- Evidence that the market for welfare-certified products is growing.
- A comparison of key differences between the three programs.
- Step-by-step breakdowns of each certification process.
- In-depth farmer case studies from each certification program.
- An explanation of funding options available to farmers interested in certification.