Submissions are closed. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
We want exciting and engaging session proposals for the 2018 NESAWG conference and yours may be one of them! Our conference will be held in Philadelphia, Oct. 24-26, 2018. We look for sessions that tackle systemic issues with engaging activities and presentations that prioritize the leadership and voices of those most impacted by the issue discussed. Priority will be given to sessions presented by traditionally underrepresented groups (people under 25, people of color, immigrants, women, low and moderate income people, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people) which directly address some aspect of inequity in the food system. You will be asked to indicate this representation in the form.
Tracks will be determined once submissions have been accepted. Some tracks of interest to the conference planning committee include:
- Equity and racial justice in the food system
- Policy and advocacy
- Urban agriculture
- Food and agriculture issues unique to Philadelphia and Pennsylvania
- Dairy crisis in the Northeast
Where’s The Youth Track? Instead of including a separate youth track, we are actively seeking youth presenters represented in our programming sessions. This includes sessions led entirely by youth and sessions with multi-generational collaboration. Not all sessions need to have a youth presenter; rather, we want our lineup of sessions and conference presenters to reflect many aspects of diversity, including age diversity.
- Discount registration for up to four presenters. Presenters can apply for additional assistance based on financial need. Presenters 25 and under living more than 50 miles from the conference site can also apply for travel/lodging scholarships. Presenters must register for at least one day to attend and present.
- Flip charts, projectors and screens, computer speakers if needed, and sound systems for rooms that require it. All rooms will have basic internet access but not enough to stream video. Rooms will be set up classroom or theatre style, depending on the size of the room. We’ll do our best to accommodate additional supply requests and room set up needs but cannot guarantee it. All presenters must supply their own laptop computers and any special adapters needed to connect their laptops to projector cables.
To learn about the kinds of sessions featured at NESAWG Conferences, read session descriptions from our 2017 and 2016 conferences. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions that cannot be answered with the above information.